On-demand service, industries are aggressively expanding by exploiting the latest technologies. It is connecting the customers quickly to meet their demands. Each sector is inclined to work for a specific set of customers’ requirements.
What is GrubHub?
GrubHub is transforming the food industry with an on-demand servicing platform to deliver foods from the nearby restaurants to the customers at their doorstep. The business model of GrubHub has been framed to service customers through streamlined technology solutions to help them order food online from a range of food joints to get the food delivered at their home. GrubHub takes a giant lead in the online food ordering market by being an instant solution for the restaurants to serve larger masses.
Facts and Figures of GrubHub
- Founded by – Michael Evans & Matt Maloney
- Founded in the year – 2004
- Total Funding - $284.1M
- Headquartered at – Chicago, IL
- IPO Date: 7 April, 2014
- GrubHub announced the merging with Seamless in May 2013
- GrubHub has served 5.6 million active customers in the last year
- Showcases its market presence in over 2,200 US cities
- It is an active business partner with over 115,000 food joints
Value Propositions for Customers:
- A Quick and easy way for customers to order food online
- Saves time and money
- Round the clock customer service
- Provisions the customer to track the status of their order
- Customers have the option to order food from any restaurant of their choice.
Value Propositions of GrubHub
- GrubHub's value propositions surpassed Customers and Restaurants requirements
- GrubHub invokes high values for its customers and restaurant business.
Value Propositions for Restaurants
- GrubHub houses its delivery personnel
- Restaurants can present themselves to an extended customer base
- The restaurants are equipped with an application to supervise the deliveries through the GrubHub channel.
- Every one of us will like to explore different types of food on weekends. How better it is when good food gets delivered at your doorstep. GrubHub takes a turn for nourishing the expectations of two different customer segments better with their taste and delivery.
- GrubHub stations the best deal for users who want to eat out but don't have time on their schedule
- People who are looking forward to getting food delivered at their doorstep
- Corporate companies, when hosting a team lunch, find it helpful when they are ordering food from GrubHub.
- People who don't have the time to cook could benefit from GrubHub.
- Restaurants who do not accommodate delivery people as a matter of cost constraint could rely on GrubHub for a home delivery option.
- Food joints which look out to serve customers in and out of their locality
- Restaurants are given space to exhibit their market presence for better customer reach and online branding.
Know How Grubhub Generates Sky Rocketing Revenue
GrubHub takes less ownership business framework. It takes a different yet simple approach to serve its hungry customers with thousands of food orders by not having any restaurant of its own. The on-demand delivery service is all into business fashion now, and GrubHub takes to serve the on-demand food industry while it establishes a cutting edge revenue system. GrubHub derives its revenue by getting a commission from every order and by channeling the restaurants using GrubHub as an advertisement platform.
Commission on each order: GrubHub is a channel to order the food and get it delivered at the doorstep. Customers order food online from their favorite restaurant and get it delivered at a convenient time. GrubHub takes a percentile of fee out of every order after the delivery. The commission percentage fluctuates from 5% to 15% with mostly a standard pricing of 13.5% for each order.
GrubHub stands an advertising platform for Restaurants: GrubHub allows restaurants to market their presence in their platform and give access to a better customer base. GrubHub gets a commission from restaurants to list them at the top of the customer searches. GrubHub has designed a skyrocketing revenue system that provisions them to get involved with big numbers.
Step by step guide on How GrubHub Works:
Search food through GrubHub app: Users or customers can browse through their favorite restaurants or hunt for deals and offers from restaurants on the GrubHub community using Android and iOS apps. Users can refine searches based on the location and the type of food they want to choose using advanced filters.
Place Order: After finalizing the choice of food and restaurant, users have the option to process it online and make transactions at their convenience by paying through any of their convenient payment gateways.
Restaurant processes the order: Once Grubhub accepts an order, it redirects the request to the restaurant through the application. Once the restaurant receives the request, it starts preparing the food and packs it for delivery.
GrubHub takes it to Deliver: A delivery person from GrubHub collects the order from the relevant restaurant and delivers it to the respective customer on time.
A Tale on How & Why GrubHub became successful?
Showcasing its market presence in 2004 and becoming a giant master amid the on-demand economy, GrubHub has set headway with its novel approach on the business prototype and by its promising theory of revenue generation.
GrubHub used a restaurant list aggregator to list the restaurants and made it as a platform for the restaurants to market their business better. GrubHub started to make money by offering promotion options to restaurants to list their websites at the top.
The features include:
Choosing the Restaurant: GrubHub provisions the users with a wide range of restaurants list on their website. Users can see king-sized restaurant options with some deals and discounts from a specific set of restaurants in relevance to its partnership with restaurants.
Rating the Restaurant: Users can rate and write reviews about their experience of their recent orders. The ratings can help other users to know the quality of the restaurant.
Pricing Knowledge: GrubHub helps the users to understand the pricing of every restaurant. It helps the customers to know the transparent pricing before ordering the food.
Location of the Restaurant: GrubHub is more precise on every detail of the restaurant on its list. It has an integrated Google map to show directions to the restaurant.
Delivery Fee: The extra delivery fee is automatically added to the customers depending on the distance of the delivery, estimated wait time, and minimum order. GrubHub also offers a pickup option to the users.
These features have brought success to its on-demand business strategy.
Channeling its Market Presence:
GrubHub is a native application in the US market. GrubHub team has meticulously worked to pose its market presence through a well-developed website and software applications to reach the users at the right speed.
The success of any business is a satisfied customer. So how do you retain those happy bunch of customers? They are the source of any business marketing through word of mouth. A goal of any business should not be selling the product; it should be about building a customer relationship of confidence and trust with the customer. GrubHub made success plausible by maintaining a strong bonding with its customers through social media and never tiring customer support round the clock.
Social Media – An ideal way to reach customers is through Social Media. GrubHub has taken a strong hold on Social Media Marketing – to help customers understand the latest deals and offerings and also to promote their market presence to welcome new customers.
GrubHub did not devise a Social Media strategy; however it has socialized its business Strategy
Customer Support – A bond will exist between business and returning customers only through an efficient customer support system. GrubHub has in-built customer support to answer customers and stand a solution to their complaints.
It takes months and years to find the right customers. GrubHub took the right set of efforts to treat every customer as its partner, and that has added value to its success in a short period.
Rating and Review System – GrubHub has a rating and review system for the customers to review the service of the restaurant and GrubHub delivery partners. It is a platform where GrubHub and the restaurants can understand the real customer demands and work well to improve their strategy with a better play by overcoming the shortfalls.
60% of the customers consider ratings and reviews as a critical aspect before adopting their customer-ship with any business.