With on-demand service industries doing the rounds by exploiting the novel technologies to connect customers meet their demands – each industry is inclined to work for a specific set of customers’ demand.
What is GrubHub?
GrubHub is one such kind that has settled down to transform the food industry with on-demand servicing platform to deliver food from restaurants to willing customers at their doorstep. The business model of GrubHub has been framed to service customers through streamlined technology solutions to help them order food online from a range of food joints while they get the food delivered at the doorstep. Grubhub takes a giant lead in the online food ordering market, being an instant solution for the restaurants serves larger masses.
Facts and Figures of GrubHub
- Founded by – Michael Evans & Matt Maloney
- Founded in the year – 2004
- Headquartered at – Chicago, IL
- IPO Date: 7 April, 2014
- Publicly Listed at New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) as – GRUB
- GrubHub announced the merging with Seamless in May2013
- GrubHub has served 5.6 million active customers in the last one year
- It is well orchestrated that it sees 267,800 orders on a regular day to day basis.
- Showcases its market presence in over 1000 US cities
- It is an active business partner with over 44000 food joints
Value Propositions for Customers:
- Quick and easy way for customers to order food online
- Saves time and money
- Round the clock Customer Service
- Provisions the customer to track the status of the order
- Customers have given the option to order food from any restaurant of their choice.
Value Propositions of GrubHub
- Customers and Restaurants – both are pampered with outplayed Grubhub value propositions
- Grubhub invokes magnificent values to its customers and restaurant business.
Value Propositions for Restaurants
- GrubHub houses its own delivery personnel
- Restaurants are furnished with enlarged customer base
- The restaurants are equipped with an application to supervise the deliveries that are channeled through GrubHub
- Good food serves us good life. Each of us likes to explore different types of food on a sundry. How better it is when good food is delivered at your doorstep. Grubhub takes a turn for nourishing the expectations of two different customer segments better.
- GrubHub stations a best deal for masses who want to eat out but tight on their schedule
- People who look at convenience by getting food delivered at their doorstep
- Corporate when hosting a team lunch, find it beneficial to order food from outside
- People who are not interested in cooking could benefit from GrubHub
- Restaurants who do not accommodate delivery guys as a matter of cost constraint could rely on GrubHub for an home delivery option
- Food joints who look out to serve masses in and out of their locality
- Restaurants are given space to exhibit their market presence for better customer reach and online branding
Know How Grubhub Generates Sky Rocketing Revenue
Grubhub takes less ownership business framework. It takes a different yet simple approach to serve its hungry customers with thousands of food orders by not having any restaurant of its own. The on-demand service is all into business fashion now – And Grubhub takes to serve the on-demand food industry while it establishes a cutting edge revenue system. Grubhub derives its revenue by getting commission from each order and by restaurant channeling Grubhub as an advertisement platform.
Commission on each order: Grubhub is a channel to order food and get it delivered at the doorstep – this is all any customers understands about Grubhub – but how do the Grubhub team earn?? Customers order food online from their favorite restaurant and it gets delivered at their convenience. Grubhub takes a percentile of fee out of each order once delivered. The commission percentage fluctuates from 5% to 15% with mostly a standard pricing of 13.5% for each order.
GrubHub stands an advertising platform for Restaurants: Grubhub stands a raised level for the restaurants to market their presence and reach access to a better customer base. Grubhub gets commission from restaurants to make it at the top of the customer searches, by this way Grubhub has designed a skyrocketing revenue system that provisions GrubHub to get involved with big numbers.
4 step smart system on how GrubHub Works
Search food through GrubHub app: Users or customers can browse through their favorite restaurants or hunt for deals and offers from restaurants that are listed on the GrubHub community. Users can refine searches based on the location and the type of food they want to choose for themselves.
Place Order: Users, once finalized with their choice of food and restaurant, have the option to process it online and make transactions at their convenience.
Restaurant processes the order: Once Grubhub accepts an order, it redirects the order to the restaurant through the application. Once the restaurant receives the order, it processes it further by preparing the food and packs it for delivery.
GrubHub takes to Deliver: A delivery person from GrubHub collects the order from relevant restaurant as per the customers’ request and delivers it to the respective customer on time.
A Tell-Tale on How & Why GrubHub became successful
Showcasing its market presence in 2004 and becoming a giant master amidst on-demand economy. GrubHub has set headway with its novel approach on the business prototype and by its promising theory of revenue generation.
The business started this way, when GrubHub stood a restaurant list aggregator, while it listed the restaurants and made it a platform for the restaurants to market their business better; however GrubHub features the restaurants for a different motive – for the people to be return customers of GrubHub restaurant list
The features include:
Choosing the Restaurant: GrubHub provisions the users with a wide range of restaurants that are on the GrubHub list. Users are given king-sized restaurant options with some deals and discounts for a specific set of restaurants in relevance to its partnership with restaurants.
Rating the Restaurant: Users can rate and write reviews about their experience of the food they had from a restaurant recently. Rating can help the other users to know the quality of the restaurant.
Knowledge on Pricing: GrubHub helps the users to understand the standard pricing of each restaurant. This helps the customers to understand and work on their budget while ordering the food.
Location of the Restaurant: GrubHub is more precise on every details of the restaurant on its list. And that way it specifies the location of the restaurant as well.
Delivery Fee: The extra delivery fee is notified to the customer depending on the distance of the location, estimated wait time and minimum order. GrubHub also offers pickup option to the users.
These features have probed a star value for its users that has deemed success to its on-demand business strategy.
Channeling its Market Presence:
GrubHub is well known in the US market – but how did it reach its users. GrubHub team has meticulously worked to pose its market presence through a well developed website and software applications to reach the users at a right pace.
A satisfied customer is the best business strategy and that defines the success of any business. So how do you retain those satisfied bunch of customers. They are the source of business marketing through word of mouth. A goal of any business is not selling the product; it is all about building a customer relationship of confidence and trust with the customer. GrubHub made success plausible by maintaining a strong bonding with its customers through social media and never tiring customer support round the clock.
Social Media – An ideal way to reach customers is through Social Media. GrubHub has taken a strong hold on the Social Media Marketing – to help customers understand the latest deals and offerings and also to promote their market presence to welcome new customers.
GrubHub did not devise a Social Media strategy; however it has socialized its business Strategy
Customer Support – There exists a bonding between a business and return customers only through an efficient customer support system. GrubHub has inbuilt customer support to answer customers and stand a solution to their complaints.
It takes months and years to find the right customers – GrubHub has taken the right set of efforts to treat every customer as its partner and that has added value to its success in a short span of time.
Rating and Review System – GrubHub stations a rating and review system for the customers to review the service of the restaurant and GrubHub it. This is a platform where GrubHub and the restaurants can understand the real customer demands and work well to improve their strategy with a better play overcoming the shortfalls.
60% of the customers consider ratings and reviews as a critical aspect before adopting their customer-ship with any business.